We welcome all those interested in taking time for reflection and renewal; you do not have to be a member of the Society to attend. Gathering will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will include light breakfast foods and coffee.
The program will begin at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude with Mass at 11:30 a.m. Fr. Marco’s program will be rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius and will include time for private reflection between two guided discussions that will be held between 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM. After Mass, attendees are welcome to take time for personal reflection outdoors on the Seminary's wooded grounds adjacent to the shore of Lake Michigan. Although the event is free of charge, we ask that you consider making a donation to the St. Francis Seminary.
Our presenter, Fr. Marco, entered the Society of Jesus in 1984, after attending Creighton University, and was ordained a priest in 1996. He has a Master of Divinity degree from Weston Jesuit School of Theology and a Master of Education from Boston College. Fr. Marco’s ministry has included his role as a teacher and campus minister at Creighton Preparatory School, in Omaha Nebraska, from 1996 to 2003. He was President of Walsh Jesuit High School, in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, from 2003 to 2010. Prior to his current role, Fr. Marco was President of Georgetown Preparatory School, in Washington, D.C., from 2010 to 2013. Fr. Marco’s current role involves outreach to faculty and staff, alumni, and parents.
To help with our planning and food preparation, we ask that you register on-line at Eventbrite. If it is more convenient, you are also welcome to register by contacting Atty. Mark Andres, by email, or by telephone at 262-787-1500.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, March 8, 2014, as we share this unique opportunity to spend a morning together under the direction of Fr. Mike Marco, S.J. at St. Francis Seminary.
If you will be attending, you can find travel directions to St. Francis Seminary below.
- FROM THE SOUTH:
- From Interstate 94/43 take the Howard Avenue exit. Turn right onto Howard Avenue.
- Go east and follow Howard Avenue to South Lake Drive.
- Turn left onto South Lake Drive to go north. The Seminary will be on your left at 3257 South Lake Drive, about a mile from Howard Avenue. If you reach Oklahoma Avenue, you’ve gone too far.
- FROM THE NORTH:
- From Interstate 43 South take 794 via exit 72 A on the left toward the Lakefront. I-794 East becomes I-794 South/Lake Parkway.
- Take the Oklahoma Avenue East exit. Turn right onto Oklahoma Avenue.
- At the T intersection at the lake, turn right onto South Lake Drive. Continue south to 3257 South Lake Drive.
- FROM THE WEST:
- From Interstate 94 East, follow signs for 794 East. I-794 East becomes I-794 South/Lake Parkway.
- Take the Oklahoma Avenue East exit. Turn right onto Oklahoma Avenue. At the T intersection at the lake, turn right onto South Lake Drive. Continue south to 3257 South Lake Drive.
- AT THE SEMINARY:
- Once you arrive at the Seminary, proceed along tree lined lane one block to the T intersection in front of the main seminary building, Henni Hall.
- Turn left, i.e., easterly, and proceed several hundred feet to parking lot. Enter Henni Hall at the entrance on the easterly end of the front of Henni Hall. Signs bearing "Thomas More Society" with arrow will provide direction to the gathering room on the second floor, westerly end of Henni Hall.
- In the unlikely event that the easterly parking lot is filled, reverse course to the T and proceed westerly around Henni Hall to the parking lot on the right side across from the rear of Henni Hall. Follow "Thomas More Society" sign with arrow to rear entry of Henni Hall. Follow signs to the gathering room on the second floor westerly end of Henni Hall.