Due to exams and staffing over the summer at MU Law School, all of our First Friday masses from May-August will be celebrated in GESU’S LOWER CHURCH at 7:45 am.. We will return to the MU Law School 4th floor chapel in September.
On Friday, May 5, 2023, the mass will be celebrated by Fr. Jude Peters, Discalced Carmelite and current pastor of St. Mary of the Hill parish at the foot of Holy Hill. Fr. Jude studied theology at Catholic University and was ordained to the priesthood in 1989. He has served as Prior from 1993-99 and 2008-14, and as Major Superior from 1999-05 and 2014-20. Fr. Jude also currently serves as Spiritual Assistant and Retreat Director for the Discalced Carmelite Nuns as well as the Secular Order.
Fr. Jude has taken 25 pilgrimages to Lourdes, France. Given that May is the month of Mary, Fr. Jude’s topic after mass will fittingly be: "Healing Prayer through Our Lady at Lourdes". Please feel free to invite any friends who may be interested in learning about Lourdes and the Blessed Mother. Fr. Jude’s talk about Lourdes will be delightful, guaranteed.
1) Red Mass 2023. Save the date for the annual Red Mass on October 5, 2023, celebrated by Archbishop Listecki at St. John’s Cathedral followed by dinner at the Wisconsin Club.
2) Covenant of Love. This coming Thursday, April 27, 2023, from 6:30pm-8pm, the Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary will host an informational session on their "Covenant of Love with Mary" at Fr. Kentenich Hall in Waukesha. Please text Paul Dedinsky if you are interested in attending.
3) Milwaukee Guild of the Catholic Medical Association event. This coming Saturday, April 29, 2023, the Milwaukee Medical Guild is hosting an 8am Mass & Presentation at St. Mary’s Visitation Parish, Elm Grove, featuring Washington University Medical School Associate Professor Paul Hruz, MD, PhD who will discuss "Scientific and Ethical Concerns with the Medical Management of Gender Dysphoria". Register at Milwaukee Guild.
4) Blue Mass. On May 2, 2023 at 6:30pm, the annual Blue Mass for those in Law Enforcement and First Responders will be celebrated at the Basilica of St. Josaphat.
5) Canon Law Society of America annual convention in Milwaukee. Our former chaplain, Fr. Paul Hartmann, asked that we share a sponsorship opportunity. Hundreds of canon lawyers and church personnel will be in Milwaukee this year for the annual convention of the Canon Law Society of America at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee from October 9-12, 2023. This event will coincide with Archbishop Listecki completing his term as chairman for the Bishops committee on Canonical Affairs. The 350-400 attendees come from dioceses, seminaries, Catholic universities, and religious orders from here and abroad. Fr. Paul asks us, as members of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, for our prayerful consideration of support. Please reach out to Dr. Zabrina Decker to learn more.